Saturday, August 13, 2005

"Most Alive Choice"

On a website called Planetsark.com run by the writer SARK who writes about living "juicy," I just now came upon the delightful idea of "most alive choice." I think if I put it into action it might sometimes pull me away from my sofa and Hershey's Kisses and my People, Allure and Vanity Fair magazines (not that there's anything wrong with any of that.)

The idea is to ask oneself at moments of indecision or transition: what is my "most alive choice?" Lots of times, I'm guessing, the most alive thing will be to act in a way that's not habitual. I'm going to try it out, see what happens. Will let you know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Sark. I have several of her books and lend them out to women clients frequently, when trying to get them to make the "alive" choice. :)

I am at Weymouth for 5 days, revising the second book, and finding (as always) that this place is alive with inspiration for me. Old house, beautiful garden, gorgeous horses a mere stroll away.

I had a cup of strong tea this afternoon with a big square of dark chocolate. Quite the remedy for tackling the big revision of a scene that had to happen but was daunting.

I confess that now I have done it I am nursing a gin/tonic, but hey, the night is young and there are many pages yet to go...!

Peggy Payne said...

I'm finding that switching to work on a book that I'm wildly excited about is a real charge of "alive." Of course, chocolate is always good.