Tuesday, August 23, 2005

"Your Most Brilliant Innocence"

"Just when you're sure you've gone as far as you can go...you will find the secret to a sweet, fresh gamble that will awaken your most brilliant innocence." That's my delightful horoscope from a local weekly for this week of surgery.

For some time, I'd been wanting that kind of refreshment: a return to the excitement about writing I had for the first 30 or so years.

Then, only in the last few weeks, I've been thrilled to feel that way again when I started researching the mysterious artist Miss Chant for a biography. I still feel this new excitement, had a deliciously fruitful research trip last week, sat and took notes in the lady's very bedroom, read her packing list for a trip (which included "three bottles of wine, corked.")

But maybe this week offers new discoveries, certainly a sort of gamble. In any event, I look forward to this most brilliant innocence. Even the phrase inspires me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a marvelous horoscope!!

And you are creating an equally delightful "pre-pub" buzz for what sounds like a most intriguing book...:)

Thank you for sharing the brilliant innocence. I will walk forward today with that phrase singing in my head.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck on your surgery and recovery! Get back to the blog when you feel well enough!