Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Hypnotic Exploration


A note to women in central NC: my mesmerizing husband, psychologist Dr. Bob Dick, is running a seminar at our house this Friday on hypnosis and women's issues: which of course always include creativity.

I attended one of these self-hypnosis seminars of his not long after we got married, and, because of a trance experience there, the next day started work on what would become my first published novel, Revelation. Bob's contact number is 919 929-1227. We live in a log cabin on a pond out in the woods of eastern Chatham County.

The photo to the right is of Bob and me on an Alaskan exploration.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I attended Bob's hypnotherapy course several years ago and I can attest to his mesmerism... :) It was a wonderful class that was amazing in the moment as well as in my continuing work with clients. Bob definitely has the gift of bringing folks to a deep, still place so they can discover their power and magic.

I hope it's okay to announce a little workshop I'm having on two Saturday afternoons in May (May 6th and May 20th)... called Writing in the Sand. It will be from 1-4:30 p.m. and will combine writing exercises on new or in-progress material with work in the sandtrays using sand, water, and miniatures. Limited to 3 participants per day. I think it will be both fun and effective in going deep in the creative process. My office number is 919.604.2770. Call if interested, and please pass the word!

J.B. Rowell said...

This intrigues me and I live in Durham - not sure about Friday night though - I'll try calling . . .

Anonymous said...

Billie, It's always okay and more than that--welcome--to post news of your creative events and milestones here. And thanks for the testimonial. I love your Writing in the Sand idea.

JBR, I hope you found out what you wanted about the hypnosis workshop. These workshops are during the day on Fridays, not at night.

J.B. Rowell said...

Oops - never mind - let me know when the next one is and maybe I can take a personal day off work. This week has been thoroughly busy and uncreative: child with strep, standardized tests, rain . . .

Peggy Payne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Peggy Payne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Peggy Payne said...

Strep, standardized tests, and rain sound like a recipe for bad--except for the needed rain. Hope next week goes better