Saturday, January 10, 2009

Bold Recovery

My husband Bob would like everyone to know that he was very sensitive and thoughtful in his celebration of my recent birthday. This is to counter the few lines of iffy publicity he received here after his BOLD choice of a 25th anniversary present was not well received. (This happens sometimes with bold choices.)

Anyway, he has celebrated my 60th over several days, culminating last night, after I thought the celebration over, with the one-woman little inflatable kayak I'd been longing for. I am thrilled! I'm keeping the big photo on the box in front of me until it's warm enough to launch comfortably. Yay, Bob! Here I come, Jordan Lake!

Bob demonstrated great gift-boldness-gone-awry behavior. Terrific recovery!




If you like this post, please bookmark it on del.icio.us, share it on StumbleUpon, vote for it on Digg. Thanks so much.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL -- you go, Bob! :)

So, what are you going to make first thing with your goat meat, do you suppose?

Peggy Payne said...

Well, it's our shared goat meat, K.B. and Bob's the cook. So I expect he'll dig up some recipes. And I think a deserving food bank will get some of this. I don't think we have room for 80 pounds of anything.

Peggy Payne said...

Well, it's our shared goat meat, K.B. and Bob's the cook. So I expect he'll dig up some recipes. And I think a deserving food bank will get some of this. I don't think we have room for 80 pounds of anything.

Debra said...

Peggy, I was just thinking about your poor kayak and wondering if you had gotten a new one yet! Hearing that Bob got you one for your birthday almost brought tears to my eyes because I know how much you adored your kayak time!

Great job, Bob! I had total faith that you would make up for the goat meat experiment! Just proves that old Venus/Mars theory, but after a while, we get it.

Peggy Payne said...

Bob will appreciate that, Debbie. And I think about my new little boat every time I pass even the smallest body of water.