Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Halloween Is a Holiday to Lift the Spirits

Do you have your Halloween costume yet?

I found mine by happy accident a couple weeks ago at a local Goodwill. I'd already been invited to a party. And then a few days later what do I see on one of the acres of racks but a sparkling floor-length red number, tagged Sultry Devil. It was $6 and amazing: a strapless sheath shining from top to bottom with see-through red bat sleeves and a small hooded cape as a wrap.

I've been so excited about this that I have the feeling I've posted about it already, though I don't find it on my blog.

If you want to add an enlivening tidbit to your schedule this month make a fun little to-do this year about this paradoxically playful celebration.

(My husband Bob has a pair of glittering red devil horns he always wears on Halloween in his office all day while seeing patients.)






Add to del.icio.us - Stumble It! - Subscribe to this feed - Digg it


6 comments:

Debra said...

Your costume sounds absolutely delicious, Peggy! As for your husband's devil horns...What a hoot!

Peggy Payne said...

No doubt it's good for a person's mental health to have a therapist in glittering red horns. He also gives out Halloween items like "spider rings."

And your costume, Debbie?

kenju said...

We've been invited to a party as well, and while I love seeing others costumes, I hate to come up with one for myself. Suddenly it hit me - I could go as Mr. Kenju!! I'll wear his clothes, one of his hats and put a huge pillow out in front, under my pants. Then I'll talk about Georgetown basketball all night. They'll know me in an instant!!

You MUST post photos of yourself in the new red dress.

Peggy Payne said...

Great idea, Kenju. And can really be fun.

I went to a birthday party once for a man named Bob, the husband of a friend. Guests were asked to dress as their favorite Bob. So of course I dressed as my husband Bob. Put on some of his clothes and added an Einstein wig, etc. He was not entirely pleased with the first version; I toned it down a bit. Do report on how it goes.

Debra said...

I love knowing that your husband is a therapist who doesn't take himself too seriously. That is awesome! I want a spider ring!

I hate to say that I don't have a costume for this year, but you have inspired me to get one. Usually, I just wear mouse ears to humor myself.

Peggy Payne said...

Mouse ears count.