Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hail Hillary!

She did the right thing when she asked the delegates to the Democratic convention: were you in it for me, or for the wounded soldier, the single mother of autistic kids...?

That question has to make a voter sit back and think. And then, I hope, vote for Obama.

Update just in case you haven't been on this planet this week: Hillary Clinton gracefully and generously asked her 18 million supporters to vote for Barack Obama for president. She did it like a champ!

I can only begin to understand what it must have taken to do that, when I think about giving my new novel away to be published as some other writer's, just to get the work out to the world. I don't think I'd do it.

My admiration and thanks to Senator Clinton who did.



If you like this post, please bookmark it on del.icio.us, share it on StumbleUpon, vote for it on Digg. Thanks so much.

3 comments:

Mojo said...

Giving away the rights to your new book isn't quite the same thing. The Senator -- I assume -- didn't give up her seat in the Senate, and can therefore still make an impact on the future of the country. During the campaign, now and in the future she was/is/will still be doing the job she's been doing. Not so much the author who spends (months? a year?) researching and writing and editing only to turn the rights over to someone else.

I get what you're saying, but the nomination was fait accompli, so there was nothing to lose and much to gain from her stance.

I applaud it no less though. It was the classy thing, and it was the right thing.

Mamie said...

I keep seeing Bill's face, grinning like a possum then mouthing "I love you I love you" over and over. Do you think he was hamming or sincere?

Peggy Payne said...

Wooh, possum! That's a wicked comparison.

I think he was sincere. And a generally pretty emotional guy. Not that I've ever met him to know.

And Mojo--you're right. And anyway what could compare to giving away the rights to a book?