Monday, March 30, 2009

Blount Wisdom on the Economy

The hilarious and wise Roy Blount, Jr. writes a don't-miss column in the Authors Guild Bulletin (he's president of that group.) His most recent entry is about the economy and writers. It applies to more people than writers.

"Look. It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors....For 33 years I have been a freelance writer, literally never knowing where my next dollar is coming from, even when I knew from whence it was supposed to have come three or four months ago....But I know this: Authors have been scared before, and not deterred."

That's the key strategy idea here: "NOT DETERRED." And that definitely applies to all of us.



If you like this post, please bookmark it on del.icio.us, share it on StumbleUpon, vote for it on Digg. Thanks so much.

2 comments:

billie said...

Great article!

I've just linked to you on mystic-lit, and promised the Chatham County masses that you would be guest blogging sometime in the relatively nearby future... :)

There are lots of writers interested, I hear, but I think they need bold leaders to forge the path!

Peggy Payne said...

Thanks, Billie. I'll have that mystifying post for you soon.