Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Polka-Dot Woodland Semi-Shade Garden



By popular request (Regular Contributor Debbie Whaley suggested it), I've posted here a few of the bold blossoms around my house. They're bold to peep out because we live in woodland amongst herds of deer and large swathes of shade and voles and other diggers, including something that can only be the Tunneling Yeti. And I tend to plant what I want even if it would like more sun, (these pics are prior to the arrival of the summer leaves.) My strategy yields a few courageous blooms that are much-appreciated. They're all the more admirable for venturing out under such adverse circumstances.










If you like this post, please bookmark it on del.icio.us, share it on StumbleUpon, vote for it on Digg. Thanks so much.

5 comments:

Mamie said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Peggy Payne said...

What my garden needs, Mamie, in addition to sun and a more consistent gardener is your photographic skill. Then it would like like Butchart Gardens or Sissinghurst.

Mamie said...

Hey - you have to start with the flowers...!

Debra said...

Peggy, thank you for indulging me! I really enjoyed viewing your lovely blooms. What is that first one? I love that gorgeous purple color! Our Daffodils have already come and gone, but I adore them when they are here. Such a happy flower! Are those Dogwoods in one of the photos? Beautiful! Keep posting pictures of your garden when you can. I love seeing what you are growing. Is that your log home in the background? Your environment is lovely.

Hugs,
Debbie

Peggy Payne said...

Thanks for the suggestion, Debbie. Yes, that's our house. But that's not dogwood in the foreground; it's flowering quince. Do you have dogwoods there?